The Benefits of Drinking


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Mona Vale
January 28th 2009
Published: January 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Feeding The DuckiesFeeding The DuckiesFeeding The Duckies

I can't resist feeding the ducks
Day 82

The Insular Peninsular, this is how the Northern Beaches are described, apparently the people that live here don’t leave, everyone knows each other and the only time the locals leave Northern Beaches is to pop into Sydney to shop or go to the airport to fly elsewhere, they don’t travel inland at all! (Sounds a bit Stepford Wives if you ask me!), however this is also the home of Palm Beach and that is the home of Home and Away that popular Australian soap that we get in England.

This morning was spent doing washing and making sure that the tent had a good airing after getting damp on the inside yesterday. The rain from the night before did not get in, however as we had to pack the tent away in the rain, it condensated during the day when the sun came out, it does get very hot under the trailer cover, thus the inside of the tent became damp and so did the bedding, only slightly which was lucky as we had to sleep in it last night. We slept with the windows open, which made for a nice comfortable sleep with a cool breeze
Watering the DucksWatering the DucksWatering the Ducks

Caroline said they don't need water, of course they do !!
drifting over us.

You may remember yesterday we lost a set of car keys. Well, this morning we set about looking for them, whilst we were doing our chores, they were nowhere to be seen, not in the washing, not in any of our boxes, not mixed up with the bedlinen in the tent. No! So I decided just to unpack a few more things from the trailer and thus picked up the box of wine and there they were, they were inside the box, having fallen through the opening for the handle. What Joy, we found them, Andy said he felt as if he’d found an old friend.

Andy decided that feeding the ducks cornflakes again was a good idea, though there are signs around the park, saying “Please Do Not Feed the Ducks”. However that means everyone else and not Andy. Also taking pity on them he put down a little tub of water for them to drink, I am sure that they have plenty of water on the reserve of theirs over the fence!

So by now Ducks surround us and they make themselves very comfortable padding around our camp site and finding shade
DucksDucksDucks

So many ducks, so little time
under the tent and the truck. Which is a bit of a nuisance as we are going to go out, so have to make sure that they are not under the truck when we pull off. As soon as the engine is started a scattering of ducks occurs from underneath.

We found ourselves driving further up the coast to Palm Beach, the home of Home and Away. The scenery here is amazing, the palm trees, the sea, the boats the mountainous terrain. Parking up we walked onto the beach and now start to see some familiar sights, the Pier Diner, the backdrop of scenery and not to mention the Surf Club!

I had seen it on TV and here we were walking on that very set. Down onto the familiar beach, the sand was hot and the water from the breaking waves was cool. What a lovely scene and barely a person in sight apart from a few sunbathers and a couple of kite surfers. Of course we stopped at the Surf Club Kiosk for an ice lolly. They were not filming today, I do not think they film there every day.

So the next part of
Busy BeachesBusy BeachesBusy Beaches

The beaches get so overcrowded.The germans didn't know where to put the towels.
the day became serious indeed as we get our competitive heads on.

Due to our recent disappointments with mini golf, or the lack of, we had spied a place for a game.
We drove in, parked, paid or money got our score card and we were off, the usual banter insued.

We were only supposed to pick one of the two courses, as on the last hole of each game the ball disappears never to be seen again, so we managed to make sure we kept our ball so we could play the 2nd course.

Andy went around Redbeards Course First 9 in 25 whilst Caroline went round First 9 in 28 and Andy went round 2nd half in 30 and so did Caroline did it in 30

Redbeards Total for Andy 55
Redbeards Total for Caroline 58


So the scores for the first 9 on the tunnel game for Andy was 25 and Caroline was 30, and the second half Andy went around in 26 and Caroline went around it also in 26 so the total scores for the second game was

Tunnel game for Andy 51
Tunnel game for Caroline 56
CarolineCarolineCaroline

Caroline on the busy beach, stepping over bronzed bodies


We both managed a few holes in one, but some of the holes are those type that are luck more than judgement. Still a good game was played by both and the challenge remains for another day.

We got back and needled each other, then set about finishing off the blog for yesterday.
As we are going in to Sydney tomorrow via Manley we drove down to ensure we could park somewhere for the whole day without any problems.

On route back we grabbed a pizza and got back at dark.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

The Surf ClubThe Surf Club
The Surf Club

Home and away Surf club apparantley???
Top Lady GolferTop Lady Golfer
Top Lady Golfer

The concentration is biting
Victory DanceVictory Dance
Victory Dance

If you could have seen my victory dance after my hole in 1.
in for a birdiein for a birdie
in for a birdie

I whooped her anyway Ha ha!!
the other viewthe other view
the other view

Northern Beach


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb