We made it


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Manly
July 25th 2006
Published: July 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well we got here in one piece, although the jet lag has rather taken its toll. Today is the first time I have felt human. Anyway, after a grey start, the sun has come out and we have managed to explore some of the city. Coming in from Manly across the harbour provides a perfect introduction to the city, with the opera house and bridge the cliched but true indication that we had arrived.

We spent today pottering around the Royal Botanic Gardens and Domain, taking hundreds of pictures of the harbour from all conceivable angles. We also visited the Hyde Park Barracks, which makes two museums in two days - we saw the Museum of Sydney yesterday, not that I can recall much of it due to lack of sleep (cockatoos outside the bedroom at 2am did not help the general sleep deprivation over the last few days). And yes, we have managed a little shopping - but no shoes yet - I must be slipping.

Sorry - no pictures yet - have yet to find an internet cafe with the required technology. But will follow soon.

That's all for now - and to the fellow pixies - the detox is on - with only five drinks in five days and bed before midnight. That said, I found the perfect cosmopolitan on Sunday. love em

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb