Manly


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Manly
July 16th 2009
Published: July 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Circular QuayCircular QuayCircular Quay

View from the boat
Today I woke up in the morning to take a trip to Manly, a neighborhood far north of Coogee that requires us to take a ferry for 45 minutes. The first thing all of us wanted to do was eat, so we went to the first place we saw, “Gourmet Pizza.” It was here that I accomplished the first of many goals for Australia: to eat kangaroo. It was actually pretty delicious, but it did not come in the form I was expecting. It was more like a beef jerky than the sausage that I was expecting. Either way, though, it was good.

After lunch we met up on the beach to play a little ultimate Frisbee. Many of the Europeans were struggling a bit with it, but it was fun. Then we took a walk uphill to the lookout to the bay. Pictures are included. After taking the bus back to the Warf (we didn’t want to walk all the way back down the hill) we caught the next ferry back to the downtown area.

We enjoyed $1 Burgers at a bar in Coogee (with the purchase of a drink). My friends and I found ourselves still hungry
Harbour BridgeHarbour BridgeHarbour Bridge

From the Boat
so we decided to go to the grocery store down the road and get some snack food to take back to Oonagh’s house. Her American roommates were watching a UFC fight, though, and therefore we chose to sit in her room eating the crap we had purchased. The gorging finished and we headed over the Patrick’s house to have some Goon. We were shortly asked to leave by his roommates, however, and headed to a bar right on the beach. It was dead, though, so we decided to head home and part ways.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb