All change - again ! ha ha


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kings Cross
February 22nd 2007
Published: February 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well.. i left Noosa about 2 weeks ago now as i really need to work, and i flew into Sydney.. (seriously running out of pennies) Ria drove Hank back down with the boys ... and we're now planning to sell Hank the Tank.. i know i know.. it seems we've barely had him at all... but plans change..

Ria is going to Bali with Dan & the boys for a couple of months and then she'll fly home and spend the summer in Cornwall, and i am going to stay in the city with Matt & Blanche.. so its all systems go trying to sell Hank so Ria can have some pocket money... ;-0

I - however - have found a job.. doing what i hear you say?? Well - all my girls will be sooooo proud of me.. i've landed an admin position for the New South Wales Fire Brigade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Dad - you always did say that i land on my feet!!)

I am staying in an apartment in Kings Cross with Matt & Blanche.. its so small you couldn't swing a cat in it.. but its funny !! i am on an air bed in the kitchen, wedged half under the table and between the chest of drawers... after working out the EXTREMELY technical air valve.. i have finally managed 2 nights consecutively where it didn't deflate every hour... the down side being that this hourly wake up call no longer happening means that i miss my updates on the many prostitutes' shenanigans in the street below.. Kings Cross does seem quite notorious! and very loud EVERY night!! and you all know how i need my sleep..

There was a police raid on a couple of the adult shops opposite too the other day.. a child pornography ring or something... i guess part of backpacking is having funny stories to tell - but truth be told - i'm a bit snobby about the whole thing and want to get out.. ha ha
Saying that - blanche and i had a funny night last night - Matt fell asleep and we were watching "day after tomorrow".. and in every break we jumped up and ran to the kitchen window for 'prozzie watch' !!

In addition to the seedy outside the canker is spreading inside !!... new found spots of mould and cockroaches have become a concern !! ha ha.. so we are looking around at other places - now that we have all found work, we can pick an area of the city that is convenient..

We all went down to Circular Quay the other night to watch the fireworks and the arrival of a Cruise liner that was 3 times bigger than the Titanic. (Supposedly !!!) all i can say is that the Titanic must have been smaller than we imagined.. Kate and Leo prob fell off rather than 'flew'!!!

We've also done a Sydney sightseeing bus - and baked up on the open top.. so now we have a good list of places to visit ..

The apartment wall has become a notice board for maps and travel plans.. Blanche, Matt & I have all been busy with highlighters, stickers & travel brochures planning our big routes.. we've all got so much planned, but it means working and living on the poverty line for a couple of months..

26/02/07 - **UPDATED ** well - we moved apartments last night - same building but much bigger room - its quite nice actually and such a relief to have the loo in the same room let alone on the same floor!!! Although the bugs have followed us - but we're being fumigated today !! Oh god - it sounds so bad !.. **groan** but we're all doing ok - and it keeps the bills low.. no more prostitute watch though - we now face... the wheelie bins !! Travelling is sooooooo glamorous!!!!!!!!!

Well - Ria's flight to Bali is tomorrow.. so Hank is coming into the city with me... wish me luck.. never sold a car without my Daddy !! ha ha

Not much else to report yet.. but i will write again soon...

Love Lucy xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb