Show me the monet


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darling Harbour
December 9th 2008
Published: December 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On Monday, after breakfast in Darling Harbour, we walked through the CBD and took in some shops, before arriving at Circular Quay to meet Dan and Nat to catch the ferry over to Taronga Zoo to see some Australian animals.

Taronga Zoo is a great place to catch Wombats, Kangaroos, Wallabies, Platypus, Quokka etc. etc. if you only have a short time in the city. Towards the end of the day we got caught in quite a heavy rainstorm, just in time for the ferry cruise back to the city (which went via Watson's Bay and Luna Park).

In the evening, we met up with everyone at the 'Blue Horizon' bar (on the 36th floor of the Shangri La Hotel) for drinks before heading back down to Circular Quay' for dinner at the fantastic 'Cafe Sydney' overlooking the Harbour and Bridge. We said our goodbyes late in the evening.

The next day, everyone headed out fishing, but we had an afternoon plane to catch back to New Zealand, so we did our own thing, taking in the visiting Monet exhibition (lots of paintings we hadn't seen because we haven't made it to Boston yet) at the NSW Art Gallery.

Afterwards we walked right through the Botanic Gardens, spotting fruit bats, lorikeets, cockatoos and other flora and fauna, down to the Opera House and then around Circular Quay to The Rocks where we had lunch before heading back through the city to catch a shuttle to the airport.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Cable CarCable Car
Cable Car

Taronga Zoo
Watson's bayWatson's bay
Watson's bay

In Rain Storm
Dinner at Cafe SydneyDinner at Cafe Sydney
Dinner at Cafe Sydney

Overlooking the Harbour bridge
Drinks at the Blue HorizonDrinks at the Blue Horizon
Drinks at the Blue Horizon

(Shangri La Hotel 36th Floor)
WooloomoolooWooloomooloo
Wooloomooloo

Apparently, Russell Crowe's apartment is on the end of the wharf


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb