Flight to Sydney and First day of oz intro


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Coogee
October 26th 2009
Published: October 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Travling by plane..........very very tiring!!!! We left portlaoise at 11.30am on friday and arrived in sydney at 7am on sunday australia time ( about 10pm saturday at home ).
We flew from dublin to heathrow first, took a while to get through security there, was kinda weird because since we were going from london to singapore we were going through the security for people going to that general area ( hong kong, thailand etc ) Everyone was either asian and wearing turbans- i didnt fit it - haha. Got on the plane a few hours later for singapore, 12 hour flight to there. The flight was ok, on long haul flights you get free beer and your own little tv to watch movies and tv on. Really good at passing the time. Was pretty comfortable except for the fact that im vertically challenged - that is im over 6ft - i had to keep my legs plastered up on the seat in front of me. Anyway-not much else happening on the flight except the little asian woman beside us kept crying from whatever film she was watching.

Once we arrived in singapore we had 2 or 3 hours to kill so we wandered around the airport. Has to be the cleanest public place iv ever been in. From there we got a 7 hour flight to sydney and went through immegration. Was no problems there at all except melissa was stopped because her middle name wasnt on her visa. Only took a few mins for that to get sorted though and grab our bags.
When we got to the main door we were met by louie from oz intro who brought us as far as the surfside backpackers hostel in coogee and the first person we met from our group willa, she nice, french girl with a thick english accent....confusing but shes dead on. Place is nice enough, costs 27 bucks a night and is warm and has a dencent lounge area with a big tv. Only problem with the place is .............its absoultly lashing!!!! There was a really bad storm last which ment our first day was pretty cold.

Woke up at about 8 this morning after getting up at 1am to watch the liverpool and man u match-liverpool won 2 nil.......i wasn happy!!!!!!!!! When we got up we met a load of new people who arrived this morning and were given our new room. Kinda split half n half with lads n girls. There all really nice, everyones in their early 20s which is nice.
At 1pm we got a bus as far as sydney and got our first view of the harbour bridge and opera house. Opera house is amazing, the bridhe....i expected more but then again........its a bridge like. After that we went around the botanical gardens and fed some birds and saw some bats, was cool. We then went for a drink under the opera house which was nice as you could tell everyone was wrecked as they had just arrived this morning. Was pretty expensive though. $16 for 2 schooners which is about 2 3quarter pints. Had a jet boating session around the harbour then which was really good craic, would recommend it to anyone, got to see all the harbour-entrance to the harbour, shark island and a few small houses and stuff.

When we were finished then we were given a bit of a tour of the back packer places in sydney on the bus and then back to the hostel in coogee where we got changed and then went to 5o's for a meal. $10 for a steak and mash, garlic bread and a schooner. I got sausage and chips and iv learned-sausages in australia-not good!!

After that we went to CBH for a drink and then back to the hostel where i am now getting ready to watch tv and get an early night-still destroyed from the plane.

Up early tomorrow to go on a surfing lesson thing and then a session in "the gaff" which should be class. $3 pints and $5 jagerbombs.....happy days.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb