Oz intro day 2 & 3


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Coogee
October 28th 2009
Published: October 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Was up at 5.21 every morning since i got here. Iv come to call it stupid o clock, jet lag really takes its toll on you!! On tuesday we all hoped on a bus to go on our first surfing lesson on this really secluded beach about a half hour from sydney. The bus drivers name was Jai and he was what i always expected the typical australian to be like. He seemed to be constantly stoned but he wasnt-he was just your typical surfer dude! First lesson of the day was auzzie lingo so the word awsome mentioned a lot.
Awsome means brilliant
Brilliant means sick
And sick means awsome!!!

We were surfing for about 5 hours and my got does it take it out of you. Its 2 days later and im still in bits. When we got back we all went for pizza. On tuesdays here everything gets really cheap so we got 5 large pizzas for like 30 dollors which is about 17euro, not too bad! Once we were finshed we all got ready for our first big session out in sydney in a place called the gaff. Was a cool pub, reminded me a bit of the brog in cork except not as studenty! Got a vip card which made all drinks $3 and a free meal...the food looked horrible so i didnt get any but melissa did....didnt seem too impressed with it! Was a really busy pub, bar maids were topless but had body paint on as flags....was weird!!! Then there was a big wet t shirt competition which i completly missed as i got lost! 4 million beers will do that to you!
After all that we got the bus back to the hostel at 1am. The drive back has to be one of the highlights so far. Everyone was up singing man utd songs at the 2 liverpool fans on the bus! Was great craic. When we got back to the hostel we went to the CBH for a few drinks and then back to the hostel for a few more after they closed. We all managed to get to bed around 5am which sucked because we were all up at 8am to start the next day 😞

On wednesday we went to into sydney to sort out our medical care,travellers at work and all the essential stuff that you needed to get done. After that we had a ferry trip around the harbour and then went to sydney aquarium and saw some cool sharks and penguins and stuff, was grand as we were all tired and hung over. When that was all done we got the bus back to the hostel and decided to have a BBQ on the beach and have a few beers. I fell asleep and missed the whole thing, my stomach was killing me but im fine this morning so must have just been the beer and tiredness! Today were heading to bondi beach for a big BBQ and just hang out n have a kick around and the likes!

Money wise everything seems expensive but isnt really if you know where to go! A beer is about $5-3 euro, and you can get a meal for about 10 if you know where to go and you usually get a free drink with that. Weather is fantastic today, finally feels like australia 😊

So far everything is just what both myself and melissa expected. Its a little difficult to get used to the time difference and the way of life you have to get into after working for years and living on your own most of the time. That being said we are having such a good time here 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb