Bondi Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » CBD
July 13th 2012
Published: July 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Jennyfer took the 08:15 train to Newcastle this morning to visit Nuweigh. City rail worked well and she got there and back without problems for only $16! The boys and me went to pick up the rental car, a light blue Holden Cruzer. Despite the local car brand I had some trouble blending in to the pumping Sydney traffic. Central Sydney was perhaps not the best place to pick up left-hand driving again. After a few navigational mishaps we managed to get out to Bondi Beach where we spent a beautiful morning watching the surfers, the skaters, and people jogging and strolling along the beach. In one end of the beach we found a winter-fair complete with an ice-skating rink with real ice. The boy’s spent an hour watching the activities at the skate park. Curt found a surf-shop with winter sale and bought himself a Penny skateboard with 20% discount.



After lunch we drove further up the cost to Watson Bay where we stopped and walked around. It was very beautiful with a nice view of Sydney skyline and the harbour.



We then drove back to the hotel and called Jennyfer. She still had a few hours on the train so we decided to go visit the Sydney Tower Eye. It gave a spectacular view of the city and the harbour. We saw Watson bay where we had just been, Manly, the football stadiums, Paddington, the airport (including the take off of a Quanta’s A380), our own hotel and Darling Harbour.



We got back at the hotel just before Jennyfer and now we are all wrapping up the day with sushi and Irish coffee.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



13th July 2012
DSCN2708

Lifeguard
WHere is Pamela ? Morfar

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb