Day 4


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
November 10th 2010
Published: November 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

An absolutely perfect day!''

We actually managed to sleep past 4:30 a.m. for the first time. Had a leisurely breakfast at the hotel, packed a lunch, then went to fetch our rental car. The rental location was closer than we expected, the Australia GPS card we bought worked in our Garmin, and off we went to the Beach.

Mike did a fantastic job of driving from the right side of the car, on the left side of the street and in narrow lanes. We got to Bondi Beach in no time. What a beautiful beach! A long stretch of clean sand, turquoise water and warm sunshine. Our good fortune was continued by the presence of a sculpture exhibit along the coastal walk that had brought out school groups, red hat ladies, local citizens and travelers alike. It made for a festive mood and provided many photo ops.

Then on to Bronte Beach-- smaller and less touristy, but equally beautiful. Maureen went swimming in the rock pool that is fed by the ocean waves. Mike begged off, saying someone had to take the pictures. The water was chilly, of course, but the experience was worth it.

Off to the bank and the grocery store, with the help of the GPS. We had just finished our errands and gotten back in the car when the thundershower began--more good luck! Getting back to the hotel was a little more challenging in the rain and inner city traffic, and the Garmin sent us in this crazy, zig-zaggy circle around the main intersection near the hotel. John, the hotel manager, said everyone using GPS to get to the hotel has reported the same experience. He claims the hotel is in a GPS black hole.

The rest of the evening was spent relaxing with wine, chips and salsa, then a home-cooked dinner. Perfect ending to a perfect day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Testing the WaterTesting the Water
Testing the Water

Yes, it's cold. Would NEVER swim in the pool at home if it were this cold!
Bronte BeachBronte Beach
Bronte Beach

Looking back toward Bondi Beach Point


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb