The Most Famous Bondi Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
November 24th 2007
Published: January 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

So once again we were up early and strapped on the bags for another long walk. We headed to the train station totally pumped to see the famous Bondi Beach. Figuring out the train and bus system took a bit but eventually we got to Bondi. Once again with nothing planned we had to find a hostel for the night. We found ourselves walking the beach strip. Many hostels were already fully booked, but we finally found one after walking the entire strip, which was actually a block in the opposite direction from where we were dropped off. Just our luck of course, gotta love the exercise!! The main lobby and t.v area looked really nice and everybody seemed to be pretty happy. But they only had dorm rooms left. So we deceided to be big boys and girls and try it out, see if we could make anymore new friends. Our luck really wasn't with us that day. We were in different rooms of 4 mixed bunks. I walked into my room and wanted to run out immediatly. The room was small, totally stunk like booze and piss and was filthy. My bunk had stuff all over it, and the guy beside me was covered in blood. The other two were still passed out, oh and we arrived at about 2:00 in the afternoon. I cramed my bag in the locker, locked it and ran out as fast as I could. Mark was standing on the stairs with a smerk on his face, believe it or not my room was the cleaner of the two! Apparently his room was famous. There was a big party the night before and one of the people in his room got kicked out and another did just about everything disgusting you could imagine in the room. Yah we sure picked a good place to try out the dorm room thing! Well we are not in Australia to live in a hostel so we deceided we just wouldn't be in the rooms as much as possible. The beach at Bondi is nice, there is a great walking path along the water and by some cliffs. The coolest thing there was some person had built a little shanty along the side of the cliff. Done up with a bunch of tarps, a couple of lawn chairs and whole lof of bird feeders. And of course I didn't take a picture of it, I think I was trying to be polite or something! Anyway, now that we have seen some other beaches honestly bondi is nothing special. If you like spending most of your time partying the night away and sleeping the day away you'll love it. Since we didn't come all the way to Australia to get drunk, it really wasn't for us. So in Australia most things close by 6:00pm. So this left us with not a lot to do. We hung out in the t.v room, went for some more walks and kept dreading going back to those rooms. We deceided, actually I deceided I couldn't do it on my own. We picked mark's room just because it was a bit bigger and by that night they actually had it cleaned up a bit. So we squeezed together on the top bunk of a single bed and spent our first and last night in Bondi Beach. And just in case you haven't got a feel for how gross the rooms were, in the morning after we showered the thought of going back in the rooms was so revulting that we actually got ready in the kitchen. So once again the bags were packed and we were off, to where this time we had no idea, just out of here!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.045s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb