Incey Wincey Spider


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
November 30th 2007
Published: November 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

SpiderSpiderSpider

The original
We went out for a meal on Wednesday night with a work collegue who bought us a fantastic Indian meal. Well worth visiting with a great view over the harbour bridge and opera house.
It's called the harbourside and is on walker street, just off of lavender st. round the corner from the Milson point train station.
We got back late in the dark and found this spider sitting on the back of the car. The girls were really scared. I took this picture and sent it to a few people we decided that it was a huntsman.

The bugger came back!!!

I am now Chloe's hero.
Due to the heat we left the front door open. Chloe walked out of the lounge to go and suck a fag outside!!!
She came back in looking a bit white and demanding that I remove a little friend.
Being the knight in shinning armour that I am I found a big bowl and scared myself witless as it ran off at high speed. I was stood on a stool at the time and nearly fell off. Chloe laughed then ran away screaming as it ran toward her, hehe.
I then guided
SpiderSpiderSpider

The return of the Huntsman
the spider in to the washing up bowl and took him down the road and explained the error of his ways and that he shouldn't come back.
Nah I threw him over the neighbours fence.
Ellie then came out of the bedroom for a wee. Chloe is shouting at me is it gone? Ellie, being half asleep wondered what was going on. I assured her that all is fine.
Chloe has now triple checked that all of the windows and the front door is locked.
Oh well, if we can't cope with a non dangerous, but quite large, spider how the hell are we going to cope in south east Asia??????????
Could make for some entertaining stories to scare the grandkids anyway.

Advertisement



2nd December 2007

This spider doesn't have a full set of spiders legs!
7th December 2007

Cripes
Don't worry about SE Asia, Australia has the highest concentration of poisonous and dangerous beasties in the world. The most dangerous thing you will come across in Asia will be the Venemous Tuk Tuk tout (and the crocodiles in the Dead Fish Bar, Siem Reap, and Vietnamese wine - lethal, and the Jagermeister at Mohachai Guesthouse, Sihanoukville - catatonic)

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb