Royal National Park (3-4 March)


Advertisement
Published: March 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

From Kangaroo Valley we drove out via Macquarie Pass through Wollongong and northwards along the coast across the Sea Cliff Bridge. We stopped at Bald Hill in Stanwell Park, home of the Sydney Hang Gliding Centre. It had superb views but the wind was offshore so there were no gliders.

We drove into Royal National Park and camped at Bonnie Vale camp ground in Bundeena. It was a lovely spot nestled on the shores of Simpsons Bay in Port Hacking, with great views towards Cronulla and the southern suburbs of Sydney. Despite the cold, Annelies and Thomas had great fun frolicking in the mud and shallows of Cabbage Tree Basin and Simpsons Bay.

On Wednesday, we drove through Bundeena to Jibbon Beach (too cold to swim) and then walked part of the Coast Track to The Cobblers and Marley Head with superb views of the coastal cliffs.

On Thursday, we packed up and drove out through Audley where we walked a bit of the Lady Carrington Drive walk. Then, while Alex and Thomas prepared sausages for lunch on the barbecue, Mark and Annelies walked the Robertsons Roundabout Track, which gave us nice views of Hacking River. We ate lunch among a group of elderly Korean ladies who were enjoying themselves immensely, although we had to insist that they stop feeding the large Monitor lizard that was hovering around the barbecue. Despite the 'minimum $500 fine' sign, it amazes us how many imbeciles will feed the wildlife wherever we go! There are a number of signs everywhere you go explaining the negative effects of feeding the wildlife and asking people not to. Annelies and Thomas in particular get very upset when they see adults (who should know better) do so.

From Audley, we drove up through Sydney to stay with good family friends in Castle Hill.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Marley HeadMarley Head
Marley Head

Royal National Park
Bald Hill LookoutBald Hill Lookout
Bald Hill Lookout

Home of Hang Gliding
Coast TrackCoast Track
Coast Track

Royal National Park


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb