Port


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Port Macquarie
December 3rd 2007
Published: December 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

You'll be wondering where all these blogs came from & them so up-to-date. Well we've been here in Port Macquarie since Tuesday & have had free internet access all that time so have been putting it to good use. Port is a big town with around 9 beaches...only visited the one & twas very nice. Not a whole lot of backpackers about. It has been a mixture of thunder showers & sunshine since we've been here so you might leave in the bikini & come home with the towel wrapped around to protect you from the showers.....as you can imagine it's a fruitless effort seeing as the towel is hardly any good for dryng you in the first place... We arrived here in the early hours of the morning but thankfully we had a charitable bus-driver who dropped us off near or hostel. Mr. Greyhound bus-driver has really redeemed himself since his maiden voyage back in Cairns!!!

So first day out we took a walk to the indoor wall for rock climbing. Looks cool but we didn't bring our climbing shoes so we returned last night & gave it a go. Well only for I've been travelling with Grace for 5 months now that I've built up a trusting bond.....you'd really want to trust your partner when you're up on that wall. We didin't have many falls.....more scheduled abseils when things got too tough & when your fingers couldn't cling on any longer. Needless to say after about 2 hours of climbing we felt we were ready for the Andes....actually thought our hands were going to spontaneously ignite from the rope rash....but they're alright now so have baby-smooth hands again. Couldn't have people thinking I was doing hard work!! And even for me who is afraid of heights, it was grand cause you don't notice how high you are ccause you're so focused on finding your next spot. Great fun & a good way to work u a sweat!!

We also visited the koala hospital while we were here. It's like a proper animal hospital with an ICU & "wards". Beside the koalas they give a little history of how they sustained their injuries....ie burns victim, dog attack & you get an insight into the life-history of the koala too. They are so cute. Some also live there in respite.

That aside we've been doing the usual so we don't turn into complete slobs. Happy to report that they've a vert nice 50m pool for me & a gym across the road for Grace so we're happy out. We're leaving here later today & heading a bit further south to a plce called Forster......the "r" is silent apparently......I don't understand why they bother putting letters into words if they're going to be silent.

Anyway best be making tracks.....have to check-out before I'm thrown out. 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb