Afloat in Forster


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Forster
December 7th 2007
Published: December 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It's been another weekend where the locals have been putting us up...those long hot hours on the street with the hobbo stick drooped over one shoulder, crying "Please sir, can I've some more?" have really paid off. This weekend we spent it in a nice quiet town called Forster. The scenery is beautiful all around with views overlooking the lakes on one side & the ocean on the other side. But you'd be hard pushed to see the hand in front of you the night we arrived as the torrential rain hammered down......you wouldn't put the dog out in it but it did make for a spectacular lightning show.....

Thankfully the rain cleared cause we spent the next day out on boats on the lake.....BBQ boats. BBQs are big here rain or sunshine ....whether it be on your front deck, garden or boat......all meat gets slapped on the barbie!! Our boats had their own BBQ on them.......so we were fully equipped for a day of fun & eating!! Food was plentiful & obviously we took part in the host's game of Tip Rugby....but not to worry.....Grace & I flew the flag for the GAA & showed a few of them our own national game......right we may not be the best ambassadors for the sport but I think we got the idea across......there were a few sore bodies afterwards so our work was done!!

The sunshine held out so we were given the guided tour of Forster the following day......damn I've forgotten the names of the places already but we went to a lookout up on Booti Booti Hill...I think..... & then of course the beach. A pie & hugs & we were off again to our next destination....Newcastle. Think we'll have to put a stop to these weekends though....cause as grateful as we are for the hospitality, we invariably eat far too much in good auld backpacker bottomless- pit fashion......so it's the pre-Christmas bulge that we've to worry about!! 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 17; qc: 70; dbt: 0.1137s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb