Lismore to Old Bar


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Old Bar
January 18th 2010
Published: January 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Really Big BananaReally Big BananaReally Big Banana

Coff's Harbour
Monday morning I got hooked up with some brand new tyres for the car, and we took off form Lismore Caravan Park. The oldies that had been staying nearby to our van all came to hug us and wave goodbye - a couple even had tears in their eyes!! Very cute! We were very excited to be heading out of Lismore and onto the next leg of our journey.

We planned to be arriving at Rob & Judy’s house Old Bar mid afternoon. After stopping at the big banana for a happy snap we drove off through Coffs. Next thing we knew a lady was frantically waving us down, trying to pull us over. Once we pulled over we realized that quite a large chunk from one of our caravan tyres had flown off and hit this lady’s windscreen! Fancy that hey! She was so lovely about it. She took our spare to the service station to fill it with air and was just beautiful. While she was gone two construction workers stopped to help also. All in all, the tyre fiasco was a blessing in disguise - how wonderful to meet such amazing people.

A couple of hours later we got back on the road and headed on down to Old Bar. As soon as we got there Rob informed us that he was going to give the van a good go over to make sure it was safe, whilst Judy fussed over us. It was so unbelievably nice to be fussed over!!! These guys are some of the loveliest people anyone could ever meet!

We stayed there three days, and Dakota had his 14th birthday while there … yes that’s 14! It makes me feel old! He loved hanging out doing boy stuff with Rob - taking the van apart and greasing changing stuff, you know just boy stuff. I think that was better to him than any present he could have ever received!

Between the two of them (Rob & Judy), the van was on the road again like never before, and the car was so shiny I needed sunglasses on just to look at it!

Shay and Kal spent a fair bit of time in the pool, and we 'uno-ed' ourselves silly.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Dakota's 14th BirthdayDakota's 14th Birthday
Dakota's 14th Birthday

at Rob And Judy's Place


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb