Day 38


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Nimbin
November 4th 2010
Published: November 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was the day which we had been most curious about....Nimbin! Famous as a hippie cannabis-smoking town we were told we would get high just by standing too close to the locals!! The bus there was amazing! Our driver John picked us up in a bus which Elin said was like her old school bus and we drove the hour and half journey to Nimbin, with John narrating (we learnt a lot about macadamia nut farming and the many MANY uses of them!!). Set in a valley, we saw the famous rocks of Nimbin before walking up the main street where we were approached by several locals who were selling 'special' cookies!! Browsing through the shops we discovered Becky's true home, as her hair perfectly matched some of the alternative headwear including a beautiful shaggy multicoloured hat! We decided to head into the museum which was full of cannabis memorabilia and some interesting slogans comparing weed to herbs which kept us entertained before grabbing coffee and watching the locals pass by! (Luckily our coffee was not made from local produce!!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0777s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb