Fraser Island Day 2 - 21st April


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Narrabri
April 21st 2016
Published: April 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Morning TeaMorning TeaMorning Tea

Morning tea for coffee at Tocumwal
Hi all, today was a really long day. Got up at 4am all excited to be finally leaving for our trip to Fraser. We left home at 4.50 am and headed out to the Hume to meet the others. 14 hours later we arrive at our destination at Narrabri. We stopped quite a few times. Morning tea, lunch and plenty of restroom breaks, although not sure peeing against a tree or on the side of the road is classed a " restroom" break ( you can do this when you are only 4 years old). Lunch was a pie with sauce and similar food from a local bakery. Tried a chocolate eclair OMG it was awful (but I still ate it).

We stopped at the CSIRO telescope just outside a town called Parkes. A pretty impressive telescope at 65 metres in diameter and still being used today even though it was commissioned in 1961.

Dinner was at the local Narrabri RSL. I stupidly ordered a dish of ribs and chicken wings. What was I thinking. It was enough to feed a whole football team. I only ate the ribs.

Well off to bed now after 1,085kms of driving. Tomorrow is a smaller day of only 760kms. We are travelling from Narrabri to Rainbow beach.

PS : we also bumped into a whole bunch of cattle grazing on the roadside. I didn't slow down too much this time as they would have swarmed the car. You learn from experience not to stop. I had to ring my sister Tracey as she was with us the last time we encountered these beasts on the road ( nearly in the same spot as well).


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Parkes TelescopeParkes Telescope
Parkes Telescope

With Grace and Olivia
RSL Dinner at NarrabriRSL Dinner at Narrabri
RSL Dinner at Narrabri

Enjoying the end of a long long day
Too much foodToo much food
Too much food

I didn't even try to eat half of this OMG.


21st April 2016

The Tony Blog is back!
OMG!!! It's great to be reading The Tony Blog again after almost a year!

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb