Lovely Merimbula


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Merimbula
March 5th 2012
Published: March 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wow! Merimbula is gorgeous! I am keeping a list of wonderful places and Merimbula flew straight onto the list.

It’s the perfect holiday spot: there are be-oo-tiful beaches, funky little shops, plenty of places to walk/cycle and things to do and see. It’s got a very relaxed vibe and everything closes at by 5pm on the dot.

We did some shopping, exploring, fishing (of course), cycling… and spent lots of quality time at the beach. We decided to just randomly park our van in a quiet street both nights, so our morning routine consisted of breakfast on the beach, a swim/snorkel in the ocean, a beachside (free but cold!) shower on the beach and fishing (of course).

We also tested out the local cinema (we’d recommend “Gone” if you like thrillers), treated ourselves to a Malaysian meal and had a candlelit late night picnic (I’d recommend doing that at home too – heaps of fun!).

It was very hard to tear ourselves away from Merimbula but we can always come back another time. A local woman told me that the weather here is good all year round. The only drawback to living here is that there isn’t any work, which is a shame.

We all take a certain time to adjust to new circumstances and, for me, it’s taken about a month to fully adjust to being a nomad living in a van. Thank goodness this trip is for longer than a month :-) But now that my everything-needs-to-be-clean-and-just-so mentality and love of comforts have been seriously questioned, I’m really enjoying our hippy existence. And time is starting to fly! I’ve also learnt that the only supplied thing you have a consistent need for is water. So wherever there’s clean water, we’re happy to park up our van and make our home :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb