Eden


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Eden
March 4th 2012
Published: March 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we crossed the border into New South Wales – although we’re not sure when as there was no sign to tell us! Having arrived in Eden, we took a cruise around the town and to the wharf where Dean went fishing. There is no doubt in my mind that he is addicted to fishing as, the following morning, I woke up early to the sound of the engine starting. Dean had decided to drive down to the beach at the crack of dawn to do more fishing! We had spent the night parked in a pub car park and luckily nobody came knocking on the van. Though we have already prepared our excuse for that event: Dean has drunk too much to drive and I don’t have a driving license!:-)

Its name well justified, Eden is such a beautiful spot. If you’re ever there, make sure to go to “Hooked on Seafood”. It’s a little place by the wharf that does takeaway and sells fresh fish. The salmon I got from there was by far the best I have ever had.

After more fishing, swimming in the sea and swinging past Hooked on Seafood to buy more salmon, we took a look around the town’s shops before heading further up the coast to Merimbula. To our delight, the sun had come out – a very welcome change after all the rain.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb