fresh air and spiders...at last!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Katoomba
August 31st 2006
Published: September 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Oz trip


We spent an extra day in Sydney seeing Oz natives such as sharks and platypus in the aquarium. All very good, although I'd like to see one in the water for real, as opposed to always behind glass...

But the best bit of the holiday so far has been the Blue Mountains. I was won over from the first meal there, a delicious thai meal with my favourite thai fish cakes, yummy. Just what was needed to set me up for a day walking on very little sleep. I set off nice and early for a bush hike - all alone, just me and the snakes and spiders. The views were amazing from the beginning. Although to be honest for the first 30 mins I was too scared of spiders to relax. But then after a while I forgot about the spiders and just enjoyed the amazing views. I went down these really steep steps down the side of the cliff and the three sisters - Danae, you would have been proud of me! I was dying to climb some of the cliffs but unfortunately we didn't have time😞 It would have been fantastic though.

I also saw my first spider - and then another... Luckily from a bit of a distance, but still, an Ozzie spider is an ozzie spider.

Anyway, the photos don't even begin to do it justice - but here is just a tiny selection of many many photos...

In the evening, we headed back to Sydney and a performance at the Sydney Opera House of Dianne Reeves with the SSO. She is an american jazz singer, and it was absolutly amazing. She had a HUGE voice. And it was so great actually being inside the Opera House!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The Three SistersThe Three Sisters
The Three Sisters

As taken from up high, I had walked down the back and down and around.
Katoomba FallsKatoomba Falls
Katoomba Falls

Normally much more impressive, but the drought in Oz has really affected this area.
The Opera HouseThe Opera House
The Opera House

From out on the patio, after the concert


1st September 2006

Hi Helen, It all looks and sounds fantastic - especially the blue mountains and the white sandy beach! very jealous :) looking forward to the next pics! love becky xx
1st September 2006

Very jealous!
Helen - it looks amazing. Glad you're having a great time. You are not missing anything here - its raining in London! Look forward to the next installment! x
2nd September 2006

Hi Helen!
Any spider pictures to share? Too scared to get close? Thinking and praying for you right now. Have an amazing time! Lots of love and God bless, Matt.
3rd September 2006

Now we are all back there is nothing but jealousy. Carry on the good work xxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb