More blue mountains


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Katoomba
March 15th 2009
Published: March 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 of the mountain experience and no rain, wicked........................we set off early to try and do three walks today, none of which were to be hardcore and what a beautiful day it was too. The hostel gave us free breakfasy which is always a bonus as well. The first walk we did was about 5km, and went round the top of the valley, you go past a famous rock formation called The Three Sisters, which are giant clumps of rock petruding from the wall of the mountain, we then passed along the rim of the valley which has magnificent views across the whole region, it literally goes on for miles and miles and is so densely vegetated that a lot of it you can imagine has never been visited by man. You pass a couple of waterfalls, but it is the views that keep getting bewtter and better, the day was so clear and you can see the blue tint that is in the air, that gives the area its name. We did 2 shorter walks in the afternoon to round the 2 days off, the last one being the most spectacular and also easiest, and getting to walk under a waterfall which was nice. Back home and a giant pizza a few beers and 1 more night in the tent before heading back to Sydney, and yes it did rain all night if anyone wondered!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1163s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb