End of the Aussie adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Katoomba
March 17th 2009
Published: March 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Getting back to Sydney at lunchtime we headed over to ther Chinese friendship gardens in Darling Harbour, which were quality, really nicely laid out, you could spend hours just chilling out in there, we had about one hour, but then the call of the pies was just too much so we headed out to quench that pastry thirst. Once refuelled we headed to the Australian Museum, I wasn´t holding out much hope but it turned out to be great, especially the instalations of the Aborigional culture and the dinasours. The best, however, was the area devoted to the most dangerous animals of Australia, of which it has an inordinate number, seriously, we all know of the sharks, spiders and crocs, but they also have jellyfish, fish, snakes and any other number of bizarre things that can get you, it is any wonder people actually live here. The exhibition is fantastic, loads of interactive stuff and information on what each animal is capable of, loved it.

Our last day we went for relax mode and headed to Manly for a few hours on the beach, it is a really long, nice sandy beach, with loads of surfers to watch and laugh at when they fall off (obviously because i could never do it myself!), then back into the city on the Manly ferry. It is one of the best ways to see the city as you come in parallel to the botanical gardens with the Opera house and Bridge in front of you, on a sunny day, which this was it is truly stunning and the sun reflecting off the office blocks just adds to the feeling, definitely one of the most asthetically pleasing cities out there. Town was packed as it was Paddys day, so we had a couple of bevvies the headed back, with the fear of a 13 hour flight ahead of us, and a guaranteed dose of jetlag. Australia has been great though as it always is, can´t wait to come back again......................

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb