Mountains to the Zoo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Dubbo
August 2nd 2006
Published: August 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Australias premier Zoo is located on the western plains of New South Wales, we passed through Bathurst , Wellington enroute to the famous Dubbo Zoo.

One stop over is the Bathurst Gaol , Ned Kelly was held here for a period of time, The sandstone facade is great for its craftsmanship and sense of intimidation as you near it.

We suggest a stop at the Wellington Japanese gardens, Wellington is not the wettest of town , so, to see a manicured and lush garden that is visually spectacular + welcome releif from the hot western plains.

The Dubbo Zoo is another top day, two days actually, They give you a pass for the following day for $25.00 . We were pleaed to see the displays layed out so as the animals have enough room ( acres ) to move, We feel that they here so they may as well be as as good as this one.!

They have a successful breeding programme to counter- act the Rhino Poaching.

We can list a multitude of free and no frills accomodation sites, I was plesantly suprised with the whole district, a definite must see region.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Bathurst GaolBathurst Gaol
Bathurst Gaol

Not a nice place


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb