Tamworth Country Music Festival


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Tamworth
August 2nd 2006
Published: August 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

We have varied and vast musical tastes , we listen to most genres , one in particular has always held a soft spot ..... Country..... I (Scibe ) love bluegrass and Modern, Jo who plays the Harmonica has leaning toward folksy , Harmonica driven stuff.

We have our favourites and are pleased to report that all the talent there is very accomodating towards their listeners, I have always loved Melinda Schnieder's music and Jo has a torch , as does a few of the ladies , for Lee Kernaghan.

We had no trouble getting those stars of country to sign our Book and pose for photos, Melinda especially had the patience to allow me to have several shots lest one gets my not so good side, lol, She looked gorgeous in all of them. ( How do they do that? )

We spent 20 days at the festival and most of the shows are free , The buskers line the 1 kilometre Peel street ,pretty much all our days consist of is reading the gig guides to determine the days entertainment.

The cricket club opens its gates to let motorhomes ,vans and caravans stay in corral formation for 85 bucks for the duration of the festival, we now plan all our travels around our Tamworth pilgrimage. Just a note for the blinkered and country shy, Try a mix of some of the new and varied styles around and you'll be quite suprised by the progression that the music has made since the old time drawly shit that most critics conjure up when they think of country.

Anyhows , Thats Tamworth , What a Blast.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Red Hot Poker DotsRed Hot Poker Dots
Red Hot Poker Dots

LiL Odette riding high.


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb