In my CARavan


Advertisement
Published: May 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 27. Cloudy, showery, not at all unpleasant but. Newcastle mall vied today for a place in the record book. Frenzy of support punctuated by the odd offensive loud opposer. I've learned to deal with them. Specific comments tailored to the individual. Sometimes a mere 'there's no need to be rude' will restrain a thoughtful person. For the crazy ones total non-response is best. Response in kind always a risky proposition. Be prepared to run. Into a shop will stop most. Especially when there is a crowd. I am non-violent. That's popular. Back to Newcastle, the coal carriers wait on a benign sea. Rainbows for decoration. I went to the office of the Australian Flag Association and left a sticker for Colin-in-charge. He's some tycoon in the Hunter. So I've sent my message on a sticker, the proverbial message in a bottle. The rainbow was intense. A thick band of two degrees of arc fixed on the sea. She'll be right mate. Don't worry 'bout me. Myna birds, yellow eyes, beaks, legs and feet (from India). Mottled magpies fly here too. The hang gliding sign at the cliff-face had allure.
What's barely glimpsed in "Southern Cross and Boomerang" is that its a key, the key to our future. The cross is 7 degrees from zenith. The boomerang's trajectory appears 210 degrees, it's course is written in red dots, destination - where the stars kiss when the cross reaches climax.
Saturday 29. Yesterday came up past Taree and stopped at Coopernook for a beer. Three of the eight people in the pub got stickers and one bought a flag. Strange collection of accents and people. One old lady had a stick to hit people with. Maltese aussie guy going for mud crabs. Story here was that two weeks ago the new road was opened and the old iron bridge was going to be dismantled. It had been a major bottleneck (at Coopernook, get it?) and now was silent. Pub owner worring about survival off the beaten track. I said plant trees to bring birds. Today Port Macquarie. Flag popular, pleasant town. Saw a kookaburra, white body and head, dark back and wings. Not like the ones in the West which are much larger but later saw two adults and realized it was a young one. Went aboard a very large three-masted ship, Alma Doebel, in town. Built 1903 in Bellingen.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb