ooaah


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Newcastle
May 2nd 2006
Published: May 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Wed 26 April. The road north shot out of Sydney like a red corpuscle in the artery of life. Bang, glimpses of the vast tracts of the Haawksbury inlet. Roads carved from mountain ridges, sheer rock on either side. There's always next time. View from yacht would be best. Down into Gosford and Terrigal, where a massive Crown Hotel sits in a suburb. Sat there and read Patrick O'Brian's "Far Side of the World" in the most salubrious of surroundings. Downstairs the two-up square waas hot with betting. One tall guy, shaved head, kept banging it with a $50 note and shouting, 'Fifty, heads, fifty, heads.' Everyone looked happy. I didn't spruik on Anzac Day, required a rest and the hassle wouldn't have been worth it. Terrigal's beaches were beautiful in an unending series of awe-inspiring. Floated out of town to highway and Newcastle. Spruiking a wonder. Seriously popular. I was stunned at the response. Back in Nowra or Kiama a guy gave me some hints on sales. I've changed my line, ask them what they think. This only requires them to stop and comment (and consider). Or is Newcastle a sign of things to come up the coast? In any casse Newcastle's hot. I parked on top of a hill and walked down a vertical street in to town. A long string town with the KFC in a big old bank building. Drove over for a view south. Freighters lay offshore in brisk southerlies. A yacht sailed south south west and tacked out off a head and into a shower of rain.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.332s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.2761s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb