27th October


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
October 29th 2010
Published: October 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Up to the sunshine!! It really is getting hotter as we are moving up the coast. We had seen some signs for a pet porpoise pool and were intrigued to find out what it was. It is a dolphin centre with some sea lions and seals. We decided to go check it out and so glad we did. It is known as the most interactive marine park and they are not wrong. When we got there the shows had finished so we were able to stand by the side of there pool and play catch with the dolphins.
They would come up close and you could stroke them as they went past.

Once we managed to drag ourselves away from them we went and had a go at feeding the Small Blue Penguins. All I can say is its a good job Mum is the driver of the trip and not the photographer!!! After 4 attempts Mum got a photo of me!!

There was a thing for the kids where you could get a kiss from a seal and a kiss from a dolphin. Of coarse me and Mum were straight there!!! (And have the photo's to prove it!!)

There was a show on in the afternoon and it was great. With the dolphins jumping through hoops and playing touch rugby with each other.

There was one downfall, It was only a small place and they had way to many peacocks for my liking!

A nice walk back to the campsite along the beach. Nice not to have to move the van today! After hearing that people were still seeing whales around here we decided to try and stay another night and get booked in on tomorrows boat trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.1363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb