The Big Banana


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
February 18th 2009
Published: March 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

As we headed further South down the coast we stopped at one of the tourist attractions we had been told we must visit - the big banana - what can i say - it was highly entertaining when we realised that the whole thing centred on a huge concrete banana! Its part of a banana plantation and we walked around the area, enjoying the sky walk and candy making demonstration (with free tasters). The most entertaining thing however was the trip to the gift shop - how many novelty banana items can a company make - thousands is the answer - all of varying degrees of naffness but good for a laugh!!! It was a good stop - free unless you decide to go to the banana lecture or have a go in the tobogans / quads (all closed!)...


Our next stop was Coffs harbour and despite the wind and gloomy weather its a beautiful location. After walking around the harbour itself we walked to Mutton bird island - saw some of the chicks (all a bit battered by the weather) and had another encounter with a snake...Pete was so convinced it was just a lizard that he went back for another look!!! We also spent a bit of time shopping so Pete could pick up a Bushmans hat and we found some Rocklea Road chocolate (I think thats the one Bev and Bob told us we should try). Lovely stuff all marshmallows, biscuit and nuts - yummy....It didnt stay in the fridge for long!


We finally made it our campsite and I spent what seemed like an age peeling prawns for dinner - Pete doesn't realise how lucky he is sometimes - I get all the good jobs...but he does do all the driving - I'm not risking it without a speedo - I do a bad enough job at home with one! A good weather day the next day so I did a bit of sunbathing and Pete planned our next destination....


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb