Seal Rocks


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Forster
February 20th 2009
Published: March 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Having spent a night in Forster and passing through myall lakes we made what was scheduled to be a sightseeing stop at Seal Rocks (didnt see any seals!) - and decided to stay for the weekend as its a lovely secluded tranquil beach. Having not planned on stopping the night let alone the weekend we had few supplies left so enquired as to the location of the nearest shop - that would be the general store just down the road (15km away) - that shop was actually a garage with a few bits that would suffice for the weekend...The next one was another 35km away.

We had a gorgeous weekend thanks to the beautiful location and nicer weather and spent it walking and relaxing on and around the beach. Thats to say mostly good weather! There was a heck of a storm on our last night that turned the sight into a mud pool and was so loud we didnt hear our neighbours arrive and pitch their tent in it..needless to say they did a quick job and got in as fast as they could to enjoy a beer..

On the morning we left I finally worked out how
Just your average friendly campsite monitor lizardJust your average friendly campsite monitor lizardJust your average friendly campsite monitor lizard

He was big - really big..about 2 foot long!
to get hot water from the showers and kicked myself for my stupidity at not noticing the big (and very obvious) button on the way in that said push here for hot water - D'oh!

As we left it looked like the rain had settled in for a while again...Every Aussie we have met has said that they havent had rain like this in this area for 9-10 years. It has now been declared a natural disaster area due to the flooding in some parts. During the next stage of our journey we watched as people were evacuated from their homes and fire engines battled with the bursting river banks spilling onto the roads. Its sad to think that the problem here is too much rain and in Victoria the bush fires are still advancing with no sign of rain coming.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb