Moonee Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
February 17th 2009
Published: March 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A short drive a little further down the coast we spent a couple of nights at Moonee Beach in a camp site on the estuary. The weather has taken another turn for the worse so we're all waterproofed up again. The wildlife is amazing and Pete's becoming quite the Dr Doolittle particularly with the Lorikeets and other birds getting very friendly....We caught our first glimpse of kangaroo's in the wild as a couple bounced passed us whilst in Arrawarra.

While in the area we visited Red rock, Corindi beach, Arrawara, Woolgoolga and Emerald beach and look at me now headland. I have to say that Corindi Beach was stunning but I warned you last time that I like them all!

As the weather improved after a night of rain we were able to explore Moonee Beach reserve further and scrambled over some rocks where Pete suggested we cross the estuary through the 'shallow' water....My hesitation meant we watched someone else attempt this and turn back as they got to waist level!! Not quite as shallow as it looks even if the tide is out....


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Moonee BeachMoonee Beach
Moonee Beach

View of the estuary


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb