sunshine and fun!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
October 23rd 2006
Published: October 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello warriors,thought it about time that i let you know what ive been up to.Am still hanging around Byron Bay drinking and eating too much.Am trying to learn to surf but this has taken a backward step when i saw this guy kitesurfing on the beach.After a bit of an introduction and a chat he is teaching me this fantastic sport.Have had a couple of lessons and can now navigate my way up and down the beach on a landboard(Mike,dont worry about getting me a Christmas present,Ill just have your board that youve never used).Am gonna make the jump to wakeboard in the next lesson.

I spent the last weekend in Surfers Paradise where the Indy car racing was taking place.Once again it was a freebie,Security people shouldnt leave such bit gaps under the fence.Managed to sneak in two days running.The tr4ack was abit like Monaco,using normal streets and the speed these cars travel is ridiculous.Spent three days on the piss and watching sport,the tri nations was on on Saturday.Met a whole bunch of top people,English,Canadian and Australians.Gonna go into detox for a bit now.Im also a qualified massuese now,have got a certificate and everything.Booked myself onto a one day course and can now torture peple for money.Gonna stay in Byron Bay for a bit as it is a top place,Ithink ive got a job driving the night bus to and from town,picking up all the pissed up people.Should be fun.

Was at the beach the other day watching the sun go down when a couple who had just got married on the beach were having photos taken.As the Ladies walked past i asked them if it was a nice cerymony.It only turns out she was from Chorlton and it was her son getting married,small world!!!!!


Sun 28th
Yep,its official,im driving the nightbus.You should see all the pissed up people that get in it,gonna take my camera and do the before and after shots of people and show them in the morning.Got up and watched the sun rise this morning over the lighthouse,was pretty special.Apart from that kitesurfing is taking up alot of my time,gonna get some video footage for you and post it on.I realise that the actual reason for travelling is to travel somewhere but i think if i move on too soon then ill want to come back to Byron ay some point so ill just stay for maybe another month.Gonna buy my mountain board and kite tomorrow,am pretty excited!!!

So for now people ill sign off,Big love to everyone,that is except wozza,I dont owe you 20 notes,hope you and the girls are good.Take care and have fun.G




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



10th November 2006

sounds sh-t
Sounds sh-t over there all sunshine and surfing it's fooking freezing here and dark just after 4 o clock you don't know what you're missing.Wednesday nights just aren't the same without you Owen is struggling to find a new Chroma partner.. have fun mate

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb