Finally moved on!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
November 20th 2006
Published: January 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well it took me five weeks to get out of Byron Bay,I wonder how long it will take to leave Surfers.This place is like Blackpool but you dont share the beach with the contents of two million peoples toilets.Its a twenty four hour party town but i think im gonna keep the visit short and sweet,have gone to the usual places tourists visit,wet and wild,and no Wozza its not what your thinking.Threw myself into some small tubes and swam in swimming pools that four year olds had "visited"
Am now the proud owner of a camper and two kites and a wakeboard,at this rate ill be home for Christmas.Ike get that spare room ready for me!!The first two days here the wind was blowing around 30kts and me being me thought i could hack it.After about the forth face plant i decided to call it a day and leave with nothing hurt,except my pride,one of the stacks was right in front of a group of girls,good work!!!The hostel im in is a bit crap,groups of kids running round until the small hours,had to let a few of them know that its time to shut up and get the hell to bed.Apart from that its more like a holiday than travelling,have watched the tri nations with a group of Aussie guys and took their abuse for the whole 80 mins,and we lost!!Planning on leaving soon and heading to Brisbane for the Ashes on the 23rd,and if my luck is in ill get a ticket,if not Mr size tens are gonna scale the fence.

23rd.November,06
Hooray,Im in Brisbane another huge city,ive begun to realise that im a small town boy and not the city type,one city is much like the rest.And to add insult to injury this place has no beach.However it does have a tiny man made beach and pool that if you can find a square inch of sand you can lay down as sreaming kids run past and kick up Sahara storms with their feet.On the plus side it has a giant screen showing the cricket from ten until close.This was good as my atempt to gain access to the Gabba stadium was unsuccessful,even with my commando/ninja skills.So began five days of getting to the "beach" at ten and leaving at six,dotted between this were trips to the pub with Shane,a Kiwi paratrooper, after the first few rounds I started to regret my choice of drinking partner,it was emotional to say the least.

29th.Nov
The first test is over,what a load of crap,my mate Tony P from work would have batted better,never mind,Speaking of minds ive made mine up to travel back to Byron.This was fuelled by me needing to be in Brisbane on the 20th Dec to fly to Thailand where Helen is gonna join me for Christmas and new year.So im gonna have a holiday away from a holiday.So here i am back in Byron Kiting with my new board and looking forward to Christmas dinner all be it Thai style and the comfort of a good Hotel for eleven days.Plan for the next few weeks is spent as little money as possible and to Knuckle down to some serious kiting.


!st.Dec
Yeehaa,Christmas is some upon us and i have furnished Santa with the big list that will be needed this year,mainly large sums of cash,Cheques will also be accepted.The Decorations in Byron are extremely sparce,in fact there are none yet.Im sure that will be the same in Bangkok.Anyway take care everyone and the next blog will be beamed from Asia.Bring on the ladyboys!!!!!!







Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb