Surfer dudes


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
May 6th 2006
Published: May 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey all, we arrived in byron bay this morning - it was literally a 1 hour journey think we might need to step things up a bit and do bigger gaps between places otherwise we will be shocked with a massive journey in the end!

Staying at a backpackers inn on the beach and it isnt as nice as the last place but its ok. The beach is jsut at the bottom of the sandy path and it is cool. Its loads busier here than the last palce which is ok cos it makes a nice change. There is a bbq in the hostel tonight - not sure if we will go though - sounds like loads of meat and stuff, and not that cheap but might give it a go. our appetites has halfed at least, i dont think we woudl be abel to get our monies worth!

There is a cool didgeredoo shop in town which gives you lessons how to play them and you even get to paint your own - i think we might do that tomorrow.

We still havent seen any kangaroos or koalas - i really hope we do soon, they are sooo cool.

Its scary cos there is a massive loads of smoke and possible flames which we can see up the beach - not sure whether it is a bush fire - hope it doesnt get our hostel!

walking back from the beach there were loads of camper vans and beetles all together, and they lined up and drove of fin convoy - reckon there were about 40 of them - sooo cool - made us miss our minis!

ooo and we saw a snake today - i thought it was a twig but then it startyed to move!!! ahhh a camp man from a hairdressers came out and hooked it on a stick into a shopping bag and took it across the road! So sweet. And chris is now growing a beard - all bets for how long it will get are now being taken. Weekly photos on the progress of the beard will be posted!! hehehehe

Right, enjoy the photos, - much the same blue skies and beautiful sea and sun! hee hee


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 20; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0934s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb