Wicked day today


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
May 7th 2006
Published: May 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hey everyone, today we had the most fun ever! We got up early and headed into town, after having crumpets for breakfast - how british can we be? We walked around all the cool hippy shops and looked at loads of cool things for the house, sadly cannot buy them cos we cant carry them! We will have to come back with a large suitcase!!!!

Waited for our "shop" to open, and it was a bit late - about 11.30am when he eventually arrived. We went in and met our task for the day - MAKING OUR OWN DIDGERIUDOOS! we didnt have time to whittle one from the original, but we chose nice ones, and set to work on painting them. I amazed myself that i am actually quite arty if i want to be, and chris as always is arty and perfection with doing things like this! We had so much fun, and were there until about 4.30pm.

time flies when you are having fun! We are heading back to pick them up tomorrow morning, as he is varnishing them and waxing the middle, we will be havign a quick lesson - they sound soooo cool! BEt the neighbours will be sick of us by Christmas!

Came back to the hostel and got ready to go out for tea. we hadnt eaten since breakkie so were mega hungry, we tried to search out cheap curry but no luck, so went to the pub! it had a really cool italian reastaurant in it though, and we ordered burgers, chris had steak i had veggies! It came and was massive - the best burger ever - i dont even think mine was a burger, more like a sandwich stuffed with veggies and pesto -ahhhh! Wedges aswell and a scooner beer!

Very very full now, so just doing this before thinking about packing for tomorrow! Hopefully we will meet the guy before the bus comes - fingers crossed!

Nothign much else to report - enjoy photo!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb