5 weeks gone!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
March 6th 2010
Published: March 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Treehouse at Belongil Beach.The Treehouse at Belongil Beach.The Treehouse at Belongil Beach.

A really cool restaurant and bar that makes really good thin crust woodfired pizzas.
Seems like time has flown again and before we knew it our 5 weeks back in Byron were done and gone.

We had quite a bit of rain the last week or so we were there, but the sun still did manage to poke it's head out, and it was warm so couldn't really complain. Well, no complaints except for with each heavy rain storm new leaks in the caravan keep showing up! Just as one stops or Brett seals it up, another one starts at the other end... We were lucky we didn't have as much rain as some of the areas in SE Queensland where they were experiencing flooding and for once it seems like rain has fallen in the areas and dams that really needed it. There was also a tsunami warning after the earthquake in Chile and all most of the beaches were closed along the East Coast of Australia, but that didn't mean people didn't go to the beach, they were packed! Which now has them trying to figure out how to better enforce these closures over here since no one listened. Luckily there was no tsunami and only a really high tide that day.

The rest of our time was spent doing more Bikram Yoga, we managed 25 days out of the last 30 and it has really helped Brett's leg and my neck. Just need to figure out where we can do it from now on. We did get some beach time in, some surfing and a trip up to the Gold Coast to get a few things done that we needed to do. We had wanted to check out the Quiksilver Pro surf contest up that way too, but it was on hold for the day until better waves so we missed it.

We are now headed down to Melbourne with a stop in Sydney on the way for a few days. We drove about half way to Sydney the first day, to Crescent Head, but unfortunately no waves there, and then we headed to Narrabeen which is on the Northern Beaches of Sydney where we are for the next few days. More to come from Sydney...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb