Gold!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
February 21st 2010
Published: February 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This last week has revolved quite a lot around making sure our TV works so that we can watch the Vancouver Winter Olympics. After a few problems with our antenna and digital set top box, it is all sorted and we are set. In Australia, as long as you have a TV and an antenna you can pick up most channels for free (which is about 5 channels, don't get scared because with those 5 channels you can get most of the prime time shows, news, etc, plus it's free). And if you add a digital set top box to that (or an HD TV), you can pick up a few extra channels. It did feel a bit strange to be watching the opening ceremonies for the Winter Games when it was 30 degrees outside, but we managed to pull through! Although thinking with the weather back in Vancouver, it should be the Spring Olympics. With the time change to Vancouver we are only 5 hours behind (plus a day ahead to make it confusing), but it has made it great for watching the events since it's not the middle of the night or something. And the Aussie coverage has been pretty good, if they aren't cheering for their own team, Canada is next in line. We also took in the Canada vs US hockey game at the Beach Hotel, and there were quite a few Canadians there in their Team Canada jerseys, only too bad we lost! Oh well, we gotta get their the long way now. Go Canada!

Other than that we are still doing our Bikram Yoga usually 5 or 6 days a week (and no don't worry we haven't turned into hippies! No bongo drums and inscence here.) The weather has been great for the most part, a few days with a bit of rain and at night, but it's been mostly sunny during the days and really quite warm and humid. The water temp has really heated up too, it has to be close to 25 degrees, it feels like a bath the last couple days. We have seen quite a few dolphins lately, and there are a lot of baby dolphins around at the moment, and Brett has seen a few pretty good size turtles as well when he has been out for a surf. Even heard that there was a pretty good size brown snake that somehow ended up down in the water near The Pass, jsut glad we heard about that and didn't encounter it!

Just under another 2 weeks here til we are back on the road, and maybe at some point trying to figure what to do with our lives... although this all seems to be working just fine!





Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



2nd March 2010

Re: Enjoying Byron Bay
Not a prob! We have picked out quite a few good places. Now if you will just with that lotto you are always talking about! haha. love kb

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb