abandon ship!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
March 1st 2006
Published: March 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

this hostel is too much...the kitchen and bathrooms are dirty, ive seen no signs of any cleaning being done and the room is STILL wet and it smells! I also have FREELOADERS in my room! because of the carpet smell situation reception aren't checking anyone new into my room so there are 3 free beds which are garunteed to be free. One of the two boys in the room has a load of skint mates who cant afford a hostel themselves...but hes said they can all doss in his room....i.e our room. so there are now 7 people in this 6 person dorm and only 3 of us are paying...its costing me $25 a night so ive had it...im off!ive already paid for another night but i went for a look at some other places in town and found Holiday Village, which is lovely. Very clean and seems very well maintained and organised. booked myself in there and they are picking me up from my current digs in the morning...which is good of them.
Diving is all going well, had today and yesterday in the pool and the classroom learning the basics and the skills, also the maths involved in working out how deep you can dive and for how long with the air you have, and how long you hav to wait before a second dive. its all very interesting. tomorrow tho is my first ocean dive, off a place called Julian Rocks. its nice a sheltered for the first 2 dives but then has some more interesting, complicated and open places for the second two...after 4 dives and a multiple choice exam i'll be a qualified scube diver!!!!
wahey!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.097s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb