Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
December 26th 2007
Published: December 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

10th - 13th Dec

We arrived in Byron on the 10th Dec, and headed straight to the Byron YHA, which was only 5 mins from the bus stop, we settled into our dorm which was nice and then headed out for a wander round. Byron was very busy with lots of people, it is a real laid back town, and very hippyish too. Overall we really liked what we saw, it was about a 10 minute walk up to the beach so everything was quite close. Also Woolworths was only 2 mins and the bottle shop too. The Yha was good very big kitchen, very clean and also of an evening very quiet. People were allowed to drink on the premises till 11pm then had to leave and go out for the evening or go to bed, and people did abide by this so if you wanted an early night, you did get some sleep. There was a few night places to go, which we didnt try. Cheeky Monkeys which we were told was very Cheesy. Cocomangas which had mixed reviews, but most people said that the Beach Hotel was the best place for evenings.

Unfortunately the weather in Byron turned and it rained quite bit so mainly stayed in the hostel but was k just sitting chatting to people drinking Beer & goon 😊

After Byron we left for a lovely 12 hour bus ride to Sydney.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb