Manly - Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Manly
January 1st 2008
Published: January 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

14th - 16th Dec
We arrived early morning in Sydney from Central station where the greyhound drops you off. We jumped on the train to Circular Quay and the ferry to Manly. We were booked into Manly Backpackers for 3 nights. Thankfully it was only about 500 metres from the ferry wharf so not to far to walk. We arrived at 9am just as reception was opening and checked into what became hell for 3 nights, the room was a 4 dorm which looked like it hadnt seen a cleaner for god know how long. The girl who was in there asleep already had taken over every space there was to offer with all her stuff. We had to get a spare sheet from reception to put up as a curtain as nothing at the window and the sun was blazing in. So far we was not impressed but we caught up on some sleep before heading out to the beach for a look around.

I like Manly it has a lovely big beach, nice shopping area and only 30 mins on a ferry from Sydney CBD.

As for the hostel It was awful, dirty, noisy 24 hours a day. Not the place to stay if you like to sleep from time to time, and dont want to end up with food poisoning from using the kitchen.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb