Chilling at Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
October 18th 2007
Published: October 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Byron BayByron BayByron Bay

The start of our long trek to nthe lighthouse, fab view.
Wed 10th Oct:
Due to the dodgy weather we'd driven through the storm was still hanging around so we actually had rain (booo!!!) but nice to have some slightly cooler weather. Spent ages updating my blog and did a bit of wandering around the town, there are just so many surf shops, I can't get enough of them.

Thurs 11th Oct:
We decided to change hostels for the night, driving our car 20metres up the road to the new one! breaking Laz into the walking slowly!!! LOL!!!With a vast improvement in the weather we made the walk up to the Lighthouse, the most easterly point of Australia. Again, sorry to be repetitive, but awesome views. We even saw some humpback whales splashing around out there. It was a challenging walk, especially in the heat and by the time we made it back Laz was sporting some rather unattractive blisters on his feet and had to put his feet up for the remainder of the day (although recovered somewhat when it was food time!!!)




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Most easterly point of AustraliaMost easterly point of Australia
Most easterly point of Australia

Just before we reached the lighthouse.
View of Byron from the LighthouseView of Byron from the Lighthouse
View of Byron from the Lighthouse

Yep, we walked all that way, Laz has the blisters to prove it, including going down all those steps, great for my knee....
Next beach along from ByronNext beach along from Byron
Next beach along from Byron

Amazing view of next bay continuing our walk back from the Lighthouse. I just can't get bored of these views.


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb