4 beautiful days in Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
September 18th 2007
Published: September 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

G'day all, how you all going?

So we leave Byron bay later this afternoon and head to Surfers Paradise for one night, then to Brisbane for one night and then on to Noosa for 4 days where we are kayaking for free for 3 days. Oh yeah, check me out and all my adventure sports... I kind of need it with all the BBQ's we have had and the beer too!

The first night here in Byron was insane. Went out for dinner and ONE beer. ONE turned into I forget how many. We were at the "Party Bar" called Cheeky Monkeys. We were getting free jugs of beer as we were the biggest group so they wanted us drunk to get the crowd going, it was very funny. By 11pm I was dancing, and I NEVER dance. Danced until 2am. So, I surfed all morning and danced all night. Man the next day I hurt. Real bad.

Anyway, the next two days were spent on the beach. Surfing and sun bathing. And yes, this slightly over weight, pale and pasty english man took his T-Shirt off (you proud of me mum? hehehe). In the evenings we just chilled out at our hostel on the hammocks by the lake. Reading, writing, drinking some beer and chilling out with the group. There was on most days Becky, Allie, Francis, Harriet, Tracey, Kevin, Luis, Peter and myself. And they are an awesome group. Really good fun.

Yesterday was good, we took to the beach all day and then in the evening we had our own BBQ, we Kangaroo Steaks. The stuff is great. Peter and myself were the resident chefs so the guys kept us supplied with beer whilst we did our thing. Good night until midnight when Allie, Becky and myself realised we had to be up at 4.30am to go up to Cape Byron and the lighthouse to watch the sunrise. Byron Bay is the most eastern point in Australia. So there was 10 of us on Cape Byron this morning, the first 10 people in Aus to witness the sunrise, and man it was beautiful, well worth the 2 hours sleep. One of the most amazing things I have ever done. We got there when it was pitch black and left in full day light. Such a simple little trip out, but so good.

Byron bay is an amazing place. Such a good vibe. If you want to party, you can. If you want to sun bath and surf, you can. If you want to chill out in little cafes and read, you can. You name it, you can do it in Byron Bay. Well worth a trip back here in a few months after I have found a job and got some more money together.

Tomorrow we are leaving Surfers Paradise early, not staying there long as it is far to commercial for my liking. But in the afternoon tomorrow we are Zorbing outside of Brisbane. I am not sure how much it is at home to Zorb, but tomorrow it is costing us $20, so thats just less than 10 pound back home.

There are 9 pictures as part of this blog, the other 40 odd from Byron will be uploaded when I get to a faster internet cafe. Enjoy.

Hope you are all well. We have now had 5 days of perfectly clear skies, and scortching weather. Its so good.

Much love to all,

Kris

x


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

BBQ timeBBQ time
BBQ time

And no, thats not my tongue sticking out, I was whistling when this was taken!


18th September 2007

Keep it up dude
Noosa . Great break there , nice long board wave your like that. the pic of the girls, is that the camp site there behind them if it is that where we camped when i was there. Happy Days
18th September 2007

4 beautiful days in Byron Bay
Glad to see you are being energetic that is between BBQ's and Beers!! Liked your photos. Hope you enjoy Zorbing (haven't a clue what it is) Hope its nothing illegal!! Lots of love NanXX
19th September 2007

Thanks again for the birthday card. We've all been really enjoying seeing what you're up to. Actually, been a bit envious, but it's great for the kids to see where you've been. Harvey wants to know have you seen any sharks when you've been surfing? It's business as usual here except the new pup Rosie is a bit of a live wire and keeping us on our toes and the phrase "Rehome Rosie" has been banded about a bit here (much to Suzy and the kids horror!) Harv's turned into Sport Billy and has done brilliantly in his last few matches, off to Romsey this afternoon to cheer him on. He's going on a Soccer "tour" of the I.O.W next weekend and he can't wait. He has to keep a blog/diary (just like his big brother) so we'll try and forward that on to you. Eliza is on top form and is loving wielding her hockey stick at friendlies now that she's in the juniors, she's also learning the violin (so just as well you're on another continent). They both send a big hug. Take care of yourself and watch that asthma...looking forward to your next blog entry...
21st September 2007

Green with envy!!!!
Hello honey..... lovelly pic's... makes me very JEALOUS, especially the surf. I've explained to Nan what Zorbing is.. she remember's the ball outside of Swanage on the hill. Good to see your keeping the beer flowing and bbq simmering. Weather here starting to go a little pants now, no change there then!! First two weeks back at work not too bad... breaking me in gently so to speak but as manic as ever.... has nobody ever heard of 'birth control' It's my weekend off so Rich is whisking me away for a fun weekend in Brighton..... roll on the gay clubs I feel for a bit of fun and beer. Enjoy, experience, have fun but missing you loads....... Mum xxxxx

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb