Sydney and Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
November 23rd 2006
Published: November 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bondi BeachBondi BeachBondi Beach

Great surfering, amazing women!!
Arrived back in Sydney and I was amazedhow good it felt to be back in this place. Seeing as I will be living here for possibly 6 months from Jan, I'm sure that is a good thing. I stayed with the Irish girls that I met on my first stay in Sydney at the Bondi Beach Guesthouse. They have now got the best apartment ever. They are slap bang in the middle of Bondi junction, in a really nice new tower block with views of the Harbour Bridge and Opera house. If thats not cool enough they also have an indoor pool, jaquzzi, sauna, table tennis, pool table and a golf driving range. Best part i was staying here rent free, ha! Had a good few days back in Sydney, did some drinking in some clubs, some great sightseeing up the Sydney Tower and to Watsons Bay (nudist beach, woo) and also did a lot of sitting on beaches and topping up my tan. It was bloody hot though, up to 40 degrees some days so sitting on Bondi bach was pretty much all I could manage.

I managed to talk Susan into coming with me up the east coast,
Harbour Bridge from Sky TowerHarbour Bridge from Sky TowerHarbour Bridge from Sky Tower

Highest building in Sydney, great views
so we got a flight from Sydney to Ballina which is the closest airport to Byron Bay. First impression of Byron was that it was very laid back. Loads of hippie type people, unclean dreadlocked hair and the prop of the non conformist 'the guitar'. The beach is lovely, white sand going on and on and the bars seem pretty cool too. My first day in Byron was day 1 of the Brisbane test and I wont lie, I did spend a few hours guzzling VB and watching the cricket. Shame we played so badly! In the evening we hit the local club/bar, a pretty famous place in these parts called Cheeky Monkies, loads of people dancing on tables and generally getting on down, was a good atmosphere but if forgot my camera so sadly no photos.

Greyhound bus up the coast now, heading for Surfers Paradise on my next stop, 1.5 hours north and into Queensland


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Sydney from Watsons PointSydney from Watsons Point
Sydney from Watsons Point

Even had a nudist beach here!!
View from the PadView from the Pad
View from the Pad

Stayed with the Irish crew and this was the view from their balcony, sweet!
View from the PadView from the Pad
View from the Pad

Sydney Skyline, tall thing tower is Sky Tower
Byron BayByron Bay
Byron Bay

Lovely beahc, hot as hell!
Byron BayByron Bay
Byron Bay

Lovely beach, hot as hell!
Lighthouse at Byron BayLighthouse at Byron Bay
Lighthouse at Byron Bay

Lovely beach, hot as hell!


3rd December 2006

Free accomadtion?????
Did i just read free accomadation?????????tink again buddy the views,swimmin,jacuzzi and sanua,ya dey were free but an ickle thing i may have forgotten 2 tell u or most likely u forgot(wudn b like to forget wud it nick??? he he)we will sort out the bill when u come back to gat ur stuff!!!!!!watever u do DO NOT STOP IN ROCKHAMPTION!!!!!!!!!!!Later Skater ; - )
4th December 2006

Sydney looks and sounds fucking awesome - can't wait to join you out there in Feb!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb