Blue Mountains and Biftek


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
July 12th 2003
Published: November 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

elo friends

strange the lull and surge of the blog. i thought for sure there would be mounds of backblog for me to sludge through. tis ok though. i blog on. It was a long over-night bus journey on a bus and then onto a train which took us into the beautiful blue mountains. These are the main mountain ranges and cliffs of australia. Very dramatic and the home of the famous rock formation 'The 3 Sisters". We stayed in a very quant mountain town called katoomba in a cozy bed and breakfast. We filled our time by going on lovely hikes though the odd rainforest. The climax of this nature adventure was a full day of rock-climbing and repelling(they call it abseiling). This was extroidanary...at times it could be literally breathtaking as you looked down 100+ feet into the crags and boulders below. It was a most excellent workout and a great time. Our guide just took the 3 of us out so we got to know each other quite well.
We then took a train into australia's megatown sydney. This is a fastpaced very large and beautiful city. The opera house in the middle of the harbour and the bridge make for a unique skyline. We met up with one of lara's friends fiance. It was a bit of a strange day getting to know each other, but nothing unbearable. Last night we saw the austalian chamber orchestra in the opera house for about 10 bucks. A well made acoustical space indeed. being the technical geek always on the prowl...i found my way to some technical looking fellows in a boothe neaby. I asked if they were recording the concert...but they instead are doing an experiment. They are measuring the average background noise in concert halls around the world. The goal is to find out whether it is worth it to purchase really expensive super quiet air conditioning units....if the people are louder than it anyway. FUN!
We are seeing a funky electronic band tonight called biftek. They are suppossed to be in the style of kraftwerk. I hope the girls dont hate it! hope things are well with all. Tootles for now
brad


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb