12 October 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Berry
October 12th 2012
Published: October 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

At sunset last night a bizarre array of colours filled the evening sky with many ominous black clouds rolling in. The shades of blue, grey and purple promised an end-of-the-world type scenario but fortunately what resulted were simply heavy overnight downpours.

The sky was completely greyed over as we woke this morning and the overnight rains did not look like subsiding anytime soon. Conditions were not good for driving to say the least so we decided to see out the weather in Berry for the day and stay another night.

The rain eased enough for us to get into town mid-morning and spread our money around at a few coffee shops and a bakery. There was really nothing else to do but as the heavens opened again even walking from shop to shop became a dash for shelter so it was time to shell out for a decent umbrella.

On a closer look Berry is more upmarket than I had first thought but nevertheless a nice town to spend a couple of days.

The caretakers at the Showgrounds were good to us last night and put us around at the back of the stables to shelter us from the elements where we had use of a modified stall that was being turned into a small living area for passers-by. We took further advantage of our new spare room today and had lunch in there and waited out the rains.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1007.1kb