Slow trip Toowoomba to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Bermagui
March 8th 2014
Published: March 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi blog followers.

Today (I think it is Sunday) the weather is not so good, so I am taking the opportunity to do all my "on Line" activities.

I must say, the Bermagui Seaside Fair yesterday was extremely lucky with the weather as it was an excellent day all day. It wasn't just the weather that was great as the township is to be congratulated on the efforts they went to in making the Fair such a great day for all. See attached photos.

For a small town, they certainly did a great job to keep all the visitors (they say around 10,000) fully entertained. Even at the end of the evening, the fireworks were fantastic and we had front row seats as they were held right across the road from the park we are staying in.

They also had heaps of events to keep everyone entertained including a chainsaw demonstration (more like competitions) that went on for a couple of hours and I must say the participants were extremely skilful with their chosen weapon. Sorry, No photos as I forgot the camera.

Unbelievable to watch 8 participants turn logs into 5 fence posts (and a lot of saw dust) in a matter of minutes and come out of it with all their arms, legs, fingers and toes still intact.

It particularly liked Big Mac (the bull) being ridden in the street parade.

The previous day, we did a bit of a tour of the district and checked out little towns like Wallaga Lake, Tilba Tilba, Central Tilba and Cobargo. All very nice and they have done a lot to restore them to their heritage values.

Again, definitely a town I would re-visit.

Enjoy the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb