Slow Trip Toowoomba to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Bermagui
March 6th 2014
Published: March 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we moved on to Bermagui where our friends Keith and Jude have a holiday unit and have been telling us how great it is down here. I must say they are not wrong. A lovely little fishing town on the south coast. The town folk have done a lot of work to keep the town neat and tidy and looking great which would have to help them for tourism and keeping the town alive etc.

We chose to visit now as the Seaside Fair is on, which leads me to add a bit of culture to my blogs and photos. As part of the fair, they offer artists an opportunity to place sculptures in the hillside park overlooking the township. It would appear a lot of the theme this year is recycling as many of the exhibits are created wholly from waste and recycled products.

I particularly liked the White Pointer shark made 100% from recycled tin cans. Also the flower garden and the White Rhinoceros both made from recycled plastic milk bottles are extremely clever.

Tomorrow they advise the fair takes off in earnest with 100s of seaside stalls, a blessing of the fishing fleet, a parade of floats down the main street and fireworks in the evening. There is also a considerable number of sideshow rides setting up in the park. We have made friends with another couple who also own a Crusader "Manhattan" van and as they have a site in the park overlooking the fair ground they have invited us to join them to watch the fireworks with the odd beverage.

Smile more and enjoy life. Life is too short to not enjoy it.

P.S. Each afternoon we have been heading down to the lovely little beach they have here for a swim and a bit of sun bathing. LIFE IS TOUGH****


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb