Pebbly Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Batemans Bay
July 16th 2012
Published: July 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we got up packed our bags and tried to get out of Sydney without being driven over this was not easy and in the end it took almost one hour to leave town.



We learned that the definition of Highway has a different meaning here than at home!!! So driving 250 km took five hours. But it was worth it as the views we got in the Royal National Park and Murramarang National Parks were breath taking. Just before we arrived in Batemans Bay where we spent the night we turned of the highway onto a small dirt road leading us to Pebbly Beach. We had read that kangaroos often come to this beach at dusk and low and behold as we walked onto the beach three kangaroos hopped straight past us! We spent about an hour at the beach and enjoyed the views. On the way back to the car we past a small cottage where we saw a whole grope of kangaroos, 10-12 individuals.



Once we had checked-in at the Bay Water resort we went into Batemans Bay village and had dinner at Sam’s Pizza, great pizzas and an interesting dessert based on pizza-dough, chocolate, fruit and ice-cream. All in all it was a fantastic day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb