Canberra


Advertisement
Published: July 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We got up early, had a quick breakfast and drove of to Canberra. The Kings Highway took us up steep mountainsides with some hairpin curves and the landscape changed as we ascended and became more serene. We came to Canberra around twelve o clock but could check in directly and then headed directly down town. We started at the Questacon, a hands on science museum, and then walked up to the parliament houses. Very different designs but both are nice. After that we went to see the Australian War Memorial but we arrived only half an hour before they closed so we only looked at the grave of the Unknown Soldier. The closing ceremony with the lone piper was very moving.

As we were looking for a place to eat Nils noticed that his mobile phone was gone. We realised that one place it could be was the grass roof of the new parliament house. (see foto) The boys had rolled down it (not very dignified I know but no disrespect was intended). As Nils and I ran up the grassy slopes we got a beautiful view of Canberra at night and we found the phone on the grass just at the top.

All in all it was a day with some unexpected good experiences.

Tomorrow we are of to Corryong and the Snowy Mountains.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0809s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb