Day 3 - Woolgoolga, Yamba, Wardell, Ballina


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Ballina
April 26th 2018
Published: April 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

,As the result of a dramatic loss at Scissors/Paper/Rock I woke up on the bottom bunk in the kitchen at the Woolgoolga Holiday Park. Adam was actually awake so we were able to have a quick fish before departing. Like everything on the north coast Woolgoolga is a beautiful seaside town with a long beach to the north which we checked out. We decided it was a bit messy for fishing off the beach so opted for the lagoon. Plenty of small whiting but too small to really hook. We had a bit of fun feeding them. Checked out the Anzac Day ceremony at the Diggers Club with a rendition of the national anthem which only compared favourably with Roseanne’s rendition of the US anthem at the Super Bowl. It did seem that most of the town was involved in the march including the scouts, the surf club, the local school. The only thing missing was veterans. I wanted to have a crack but Adam wouldn’t be in it.



We headed up to Yamba for lunch where the lady at the 7/11 dispelled the sub continent theme but reinforced the black tights phenomena. Probably makes up for the three 7/11s at Woolgoolga.



Then on to Wardell to see my step sister Rhonda. Adam went on to Ballina to stay with his brother.



Rhonda and I went to the Reccy club which she completely undersold as a “tin shed with basic food” whereas it was actually a fibro shed with sausage and onion in a slice of bread as the sole food option.



We had missed the two up but the NRL was on. Had a great time chatting to few of the locals. BTW I will not be making any sarcastic or inappropriate comments regarding Wardell or its locals because Rhonda reads the blog.



I had a lovely chat to Jim and am now an expert on sugar cane farming.



It’s a good thing that I don’t visit Rhonda often as she is a very bad influence forcing me to drink 3 bottles of wine and eat vegetarian.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb