Bessy's Wedding - the big day


Advertisement
Published: January 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Some of us were still on adrenalin highs from last night’s athleticism. My mood was purely tea and Tim Tam related after a morning of relaxation and gossip catch up with Eleanor and Andrew - the final episode of Home and Away in Australia being an exciting topic (I’ll hold off saying anything here as I’d hate to ruin the experience for many English viewers in 6 months time…). Even so we all looked fabulous as we arrived at the Royal Canberra Yacht Club at Yarralumla. The day was warm and a bit cloudy but fairly pleasant overall. The place brings back a lot of memories for us as we used to sail, catch yabbies and generally misbehave at the yacht club as kids. We paid a visit to the Lisa Bryce Memorial Window - destroyed in such tragic circumstances when Lisa was only little (but apparently fast). Ah the memories.
The wedding was beautiful. The bride looked stunning, the groom looked stunned. It was great to catch up with so much of the family all at the one time in the one place. Noone seemed to have changed a bit and apart from a few people claiming to be “Father of the Bride” (in order to get song requests granted - who does that??) everyone seemed to recognize each other and get along famously. A good time was had by all into the early hours when I found out that not only do the sprinklers at the lake come on at 2am but the walk from the yacht club to lakeside is not as long as I remembered it. Thanks to Eleanor for being an understanding host and letting me in at 3.30am and even more so taking me to the gym at 9am. You just don’t find friends like that every day!
The recovery party the next day was almost as good as the wedding with everyone in fine form including my Evil Aunts as we enjoyed even more bubbly (that’s right, get straight back on the horse..), nibbles and really yummy wedding cake.
We used the rest of the weekend to catch up with a lot of our Canberra friends before heading back to Sydney then Tassie on the Monday. Overall a fantastic weekend!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0788s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb